Bread for the City Legal Clinic - NW
Who We Are
Bread for the City is a non-profit organization that provides free comprehensive services including supplemental food, clothing, medical care, legal and social services. The Legal Clinic at Bread for the City provides advice and representation in 3 main areas of law: (1) Landlord-Tenant; (2) Public Benefits- administrative appeals challenging denials of Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and resolving problems with other public benefits like Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), Medicaid, or Food Stamps; and (3) Family Law- civil protection orders, child custody, child support, and divorce.
How to Get Help
You can contact this organization by:
- Contact Type
- 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
We accept walk-ins only, and only on Mondays from 1-3 p.m. Please call ahead to make sure your issue is one we can assist with.
Closest metro: Shaw/Howard Metro stop (green/yellow line)
Who We Serve
- Additional Service Area Info
- Bread for the City serves income-eligible D.C. residents with matters in D.C. courts or agencies, as well as matters in the Social Security Administration.
- Language(s) Spoken
- Spanish / Español
- Income Guidelines
Only D.C. residents are eligible.
- Your family's income should be at or below the following percentage of the federal poverty level
- Is this organization accessible by wheelchair?
- Does this organization provide access for the hearing impaired?
Type of Help
- This group provides the following types of services based on your legal needs and its resources:
- Brief Advice
- Description of Services
- Emergency Instructions
Contact the Legal Clinic Coordinator at (202) 386-7081.