Resources: General Resources
Click the links to the left (or "table of contents" above on mobile) to view resources by type.
The coronavirus (COVID-19) public health emergency has greatly impacted access to justice. This page provides information and resources for individuals in the District of Columbia. Use the category links to the left to find lists of resources related to COVID-19.
Important D.C. Government links:
- D.C. Coronavirus Update Portal
- D.C. Courts' Coronavirus Status Advisories
- D.C. Office of Administrative Hearings
Below you can find information about how and where to get tested if you think you have symptoms or were exposed to someone with coronavirus.
If you do not have health insurance you can also find information about qualifying and applying for health insurance now.
- Getting Tested for COVID-19
- Latest information about COVID-19 Testing from the D.C. Government
- Getting Vaccinated
- D.C. COVID Vaccination Portal
- Facts about COVID-19 Vaccines - Centers for Disease Control
- Getting Health Insurance
- Frequently Asked Questions About Public Benefits During COVID-19 (including health insurance) (Legal Aid Society of the District of Columbia)
- How to Apply for Public Benefits [Including Medicaid and Alliance] during COVID-19 (Legal Aid Society of the District of Columbia)
- Online Application for Public Benefits, including Medicaid and Alliance (D.C. Department of Human Services)
- Enroll in Private Health Insurance: People without insurance can buy private health insurance through D.C. Health Link during open enrollment, November 1, 2021 through January 31, 2022. You can also call (855)532-5465.
The response to COVID-19 is rapidly changing. We aim to post resources that are complete and up to date. If you have content suggestions or updates, please email COVIDLawHelpDC@gmail.com
If you have questions about your specific situation, you may wish to contact a lawyer. A list of legal services providers can be found here https://www.lawhelp.org/dc/find-legal-help.