- General Resources
- Court Operating Status Information
- Crime Victims
- Debt and Consumer
- Domestic Violence
- Education and Special Education
- Employment and Unemployment
- Family Law
- Food, Diaper, and Hygiene Items
- Mental Health
- Probate, Wills, and Estate Planning
- Public Benefits
- Stimulus Payments
- Utility Assistance and Internet Access
- Read this in:
- Spanish / Español
: Food, Diaper, and Hygiene Items
Click the links to the left (or "table of contents" above on mobile) to view resources by type.
Food, Diaper, and Hygiene Items
Below is information on obtaining FREE groceries, meals, and hygiene items, either by delivery or in-person pick up.
- Grocery/Diapers/Hygiene Item Delivery
- DC Mutual Aid Societies by Ward Contact the group in your ward for things like groceries, diapers, and other necessities.
- Access to a variety of critical resources for residents who are homebound (DC Government COVID Needs Hotline (1-888-349-8323)
- Food Access FAQ flier including how to use SNAP benefits to purchase food from Amazon: (DC Kincare Alliance)
- Food Delivery for the Homebound (click here) or call (240) 505-4607 or (202) 642-6660 (leave voicemail) (Food for All DC)
- Families Moving Forward: Grocery delivery for seniors, people with disabling conditions, and expectant mothers; pick up for all others. Website for more info. Delivery Registration page.
- Grocery/Diapers/Hygiene Items Pick Up Sites
- School Meal Sites, Metrobus Routes for School Meal Locations (D.C. Government)
- Emergency Pantry Emergency food pantry (pick up): Call (202) 503-1524 on Tuesdays between 12pm-3pm (Thrive DC)
- Grab-and-Go grocery distribution Martha’s Table is providing groceries and diapers at various locations throughout the week. Visit their website and click on ‘Joyful Markets” and “Community Supports” for up to date info.
- Care kits and family meal distribution (Hook Hall Helps)
- Families Moving Forward: Free Food Pantry 2nd/4th Thursday of each month. Delivery for seniors, people with disabling conditions, and expectant mothers; pick up for all others. Website for more info.
- Meals Served (Pick up)
- Miriam’s Kitchen: https://miriamskitchen.org/programs/meals/ @ 2401 Virginia Ave NW, Hours: Monday-Friday, 7am-8am and 4:30pm-5:30pm
- So Others Might Eat: Meal program @ 71 O St NW; Hours: Monday-Friday, 8am-10am
- Salvation Army: @ 2300 Martin Luther King Ave SE; Hours: Thursday, 9:30am-3pm
- Charlie’s Place: https://charliesplacedc.org/ @ 1820 Connecticut Ave NW (meal only); Hours: Tuesday-Saturday, 8am-10am
- Downtown Day Services Center: @ 1313 New York Ave NW (in the park - meal only); Hours: Monday-Friday, 11am-1pm
- Purchasing Groceries