Bread for the City Legal Clinic - SE
Who We Are
Bread for the City is a non-profit organization that provides free comprehensive services including supplemental food, clothing, medical care, legal and social services. The Legal Clinic at Bread for the City provides advice and referrals in 3 main areas of law: (1) Landlord-Tenant; (2) Public Benefits - resolving problems with other public benefits like Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), Medicaid, or Food Stamps; and (3) Family Law - civil protection orders, child custody, child support, and divorce.
Who We Serve
- Additional Service Area Info
- Bread for the City serves income-eligible D.C. residents with matters in D.C. courts.
- Language(s) Spoken
- Spanish / Español
- Income Guidelines
Only D.C. residents are eligible.
- Your family's income should be at or below the following percentage of the federal poverty level
- Is this organization accessible by wheelchair?
- Does this organization provide access for the hearing impaired?
Type of Help
- This group provides the following types of services based on your legal needs and its resources:
- Full Legal Representation
- Brief Advice
- Emergency Instructions
Contact our Legal Clinic Coordinator at (202) 587-0527.
How to Get Help
You can contact this organization by:
- 1640 Good Hope Road, S.E. (map)Washington, DC 20020
- Phone Number
- (202) 791-3982
Starting January 3, 2017, Bread for the City will be performing intake by appointment only that will occur on Mondays.
You can call to make an appointment to meet with a Bread for the City attorney. Please note that we cannot guarantee representation in your matter. These appointments are available only on Monday afternoons. If appointments are not available, we can give referrals to other organizations that may be able to provide free legal information, advice, or representation.
NW Legal Clinic: (202) 480-8950 (Monday – Thursday from 9 am – 5 pm)
SE Legal Clinic: (202) 791-3982 (Monday – Thursday from 9 am – 5 pm)