Who We Are
CAIR Coalition’s is the primary source of legal assistance for detained immigrants facing deportation in the Washington metropolitan area. We conduct group legal orientations and provide individual consultations for immigrants being held in jails in Virginia and Maryland. We also provide legal assistance to unaccompanied immigrant children detained in Virginia and Maryland. In addition, CAIR Coalition finds pro bono attorneys for detained immigrants (both adults and children) who are eligible to apply for immigration relief.
Who We Serve
- Additional Service Area Info
- DC, Maryland, and Virginia
- Language(s) Spoken
- French / Français
- Spanish / Español
- Cirumstances and languages in which interpreters are provided
We do our best to secure volunteer interpreters in whatever language is needed.
- Is this organization accessible by wheelchair?
- Does this organization provide access for the hearing impaired?
- Eligibility Restrictions
The program serves only detained immigrant adults and children and the friends/family members of detained immigrants.
Type of Help
- This group provides the following types of services based on your legal needs and its resources:
- Description of Services
We offer group legal orientations, individual consultations and pro bono placement of cases for detained immigrants.
How to Get Help
You can contact this organization by:
Immigrant detainees can call the toll-free Detention Line at (202) 331-3329.
If you know someone who is detained in immigration custody in Virginia or Maryland and needs assistance, please call (202) 331-3320