Washington Lawyers' Committee Workers' Rights Clinic
Who We Are
The Workers' Rights Clinic can advise workers in all employment-related cases including unpaid wages, overtime, sexual harassment, termination, discrimination, workers' compensation, family and medical leave, pension benefits, as well as criminal records.
Intakes are conducted on a first come, first served basis. We may not be able to see everyone who attends a clinic, so you are encouraged to arrive as early as possible.
Northwest - every Wednesday -- sign up begins at 5 p.m., walk-ins are accepted until 7:30 p.m., first come first served at Bread for the City NW Location, 1525 7th St NW.
Southeast - the first and third Fridays of each month -- By appointment only. Call 202-319-1000 to make an appointment. Clinic at ONE DC Black Workers' Center, 2500 Martin Luther King Jr. Ave. SE.
Southeast - the last Saturday of every month -- Walk-ins accepted from 10am-1pm, first come, first served at Bread for the City SE Location, 1640 Good Hope Road SE
For help with expungement of criminal records, click here for information.
Who We Serve
- Additional Service Area Info
- We serve workers in DC, Virginia, and Maryland.
- Language(s) Spoken
- Spanish / Español
- Cirumstances and languages in which interpreters are provided
We are able to provide interpreters for most foreign languages, including Amharic and Mandarin.
- Income Guidelines
Maximum annual household income according to number of people in the household: 1 - $35,310;
2 - $47,790;
3 - $60,270;
4 - $72,750;
5 - $85,230;
6 - $97,710
- Your family's income should be at or below the following percentage of the federal poverty level
- Is this organization accessible by wheelchair?
- Does this organization provide access for the hearing impaired?
- Eligibility Restrictions
This program does not serve: Under 18 years old
Type of Help
- This group provides the following types of services based on your legal needs and its resources:
- Brief Advice
- Pro Se Legal Clinic
How to Get Help
You can contact this organization by:
Legal Clinic +
- 727 15th St., NW (map)Washington, DC 20005
See the listing above for times and locations.