DCVLP Domestic Violence Walk-In Resource Clinic
Who We Are
At this free walk-in clinic, we offer a safe place to get help with legal problems, counseling, housing, benefits, and other important needs. The clinic is open every Wednesday from 1PM to 3:30PM at 400 I Street SW. Services are provided by the DC Volunteer Lawyers Project, District Alliance for Safe Housing, and My Sister's Place. Servicios en español. For more information, please go here: dcvlp.org/clinic.
Who We Serve
- Language(s) Spoken
- Spanish / Español
- Cirumstances and languages in which interpreters are provided
Services in other languages available by appointment.
I speak cards provided in most commonly spoken languages.
- Income Guidelines
- Is this organization accessible by wheelchair?
- Does this organization provide access for the hearing impaired?
- Eligibility Restrictions
Must be a victim of domestic violence
Type of Help
- This group provides the following types of services based on your legal needs and its resources:
- Self-Help Materials
- Full Legal Representation
- Brief Advice
- Pro Se Legal Clinic
- Description of Services
The clinic offers free legal advice (protection orders, custody/divorce, u-visas); safety planning, needs assessment and counseling; and housing information and referrals. The clinic provides legal representation in protection orders and custody/divorce, and representation in immigration law is limited to VAWA and U-visas.
- Emergency Instructions
We do not have an emergency contact but the Walk-In Clinic Coordinator will answer calls at 202-425-7573 during business hours (9:00 am-5:00 pm).
How to Get Help
You can contact this organization by:
Legal Clinic +
- 400 I Street, SW (map)Westminster Presbyterian ChurchWashington, DC 20024
- Phone Number
- (202) 425-7573
- 1 pm - 3:30 pm
This is a walk-in legal clinic. No appointment is necessary.