Legal Aid Society of the District of Columbia - NW Office
Who We Are
The Legal Aid Society of DC provides free advice, brief services and full representation on specific legal matters pending in the District of Columbia.
Who We Serve
- Language(s) Spoken
- Spanish / Español
- Cirumstances and languages in which interpreters are provided
Legal Aid has several Spanish-speakers on staff. Legal Aid can provide assistance to individuals who speak languages other than English and Spanish through the use of a telephone interpreter.
- Income Guidelines
At or below 200% of the federal poverty line. At or below 300% of federal poverty guideline for foreclosure and some limited public benefits matters.
- Your family's income should be at or below the following percentage of the federal poverty level
- Is this organization accessible by wheelchair?
- Does this organization provide access for the hearing impaired?
Type of Help
- This group provides the following types of services based on your legal needs and its resources:
- Full Legal Representation
- Brief Advice
- Self-Help Materials
How to Get Help
You can contact this organization by:
- 12:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- 12:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Please call our office at (202) 628-1161 if you are unsure whether you should come to walk-in intake hours. We usually meet with people on a first-come, first-served basis during our walk-in intake times, so you may have to wait to meet with someone. Please bring with you all of the documents and paperwork you have about your case or legal problem. If you have a disability that prevents you from coming to one of our offices, please call (202) 628-1161, and we will make reasonable arrangements to accommodate you.