Website Survey

How to Apply for "Cancellation of Removal for Certain Legal Permanent Residents"

Read this in: Spanish / Español
Authored By: Florence Immigrant and Refugee Rights Project

This booklet is for lawful permanent residents who are in the custody of DHS and who have been placed in immigration proceedings. This booklet mainly discusses how to apply for a form of relief from being removed from the United States that is called "Cancellation of Removal for Certain Legal Permanent Residents." To apply for this form of relief you must be in "removal" proceedings. Removal proceedings are what used to be called "deportation" or exclusion proceedings. If you were placed in immigration proceedings on or after April 1, 1997, you are probably in "removal" proceedings.

Last Review and Update: Sep 22, 2011
Back to top