Website Survey

Self-Help Court Form: Motion to Vacate Default Judgment and Quash Writ

Authored By: D.C. Bar Pro Bono Center


The link below will take you to a website that will help you complete a court form, called a Motion to Vacate Default Judgment and Quash Writ, for your landlord-tenant case. You may use this form if you are a tenant who has a default judgment (and a writ of restitution, if applicable) against you.

The website will ask you a series of questions that you will need to answer on your computer. The website will use your answers to complete the court form. After you have answered all of the questions, you will be able to print out the completed form and file it with the court.

When you click the link below, a new window will open. You can click "Start to Answer Questions" to get started. You are not required to register or log in. But if you want to save your answers to use later, you must finish the entire interview and click "Sign Up" at the end. Please click here for help using the new window.

This program is a project of the D.C. Bar Pro Bono Center, in partnership with the D.C. Consortium of Legal Services Providers, with cooperation from the Superior Court of the District of Columbia and funding from the D.C. Bar Foundation.

Please CLICK HERE to begin!

Last Review and Update: Oct 25, 2011
Back to top