With recent changes to court operations due to COVID-19, please visit the Hawaii State Judiciary website at www.courts.state.hi.us for the most recent information or Legal Aid's COVID-19 webpage.
This tool directs people with legal problems in Hawai'i to helpful legal resources and referrals.
Answer a few questions about yourself and your problem to help us guide you to the best help for your situation. We will not ask for your name or any information that will identify who you are. We ask for your household size and income amount to determine what services you might be qualified to receive. Check out the FAQ page for tips to help you get started.
If you are accessing the portal on behalf of someone else, submit responses that are specific to that person's situation.
Currently, this portal is only available in English. Please contact the referral organization(s) (if any are recommended on the results page of this search) to request an interpretor.
Access to Justice Organizations
- American Civil Liberties Union of Hawai'i
- Hawai'i Appleseed Center for Law and Economic Justice
- Legal Aid Society of Hawai'i
- Native Hawaiian Legal Corporation
- Volunteer Legal Services Hawai'i
- Domestic Violence Action Center
- Hawai'i Disability Rights Center
- Mediation Center of the Pacific
- University of Hawai'i Elder Law Program
This portal does not provide resources or referrals for criminal or personal injury matters. Consult a private attorney for further assistance.