How to Establish Child Support

Authored By: Department of the Attorney General


Child support can be established in one of two ways: 1. Child Support Enforcement Agency (CSEA) or 2. Family Court Order typically through a Divorce or Paternity case. The process of obtaining a Family Court child support order differs from the process of obtaining an administrative child support order, but the legal effect of both types of orders is the same.

Click on the link below to learn about the process of getting child support.

Last Review and Update: Sep 21, 2018
Back to top