Self-Help Form: Answer for Complaint for Divorce
Authored By: Legal Aid Society of Hawaii
Information about using Self-Help Forms
Welcome! This online interview was developed by the Legal Aid Society of Hawaii for use by low-income persons representing themselves, but is available free of charge to all persons. These forms are not for commercial use and charging for use in any way is prohibited.
Use this interactive interview if you have been served with a Complaint for Divorce filed in the State of Hawaii.This interview will help you write a short answer or response to the divorce complaint. We suggest you review the following resources before completing this interview: Divorce Law in Hawaii, Video: Divorce, Responding to a Divorce Complaint, and What to do if you receive divorce papers from your spouse.
What do I need to get started?
It is helpful to gather the following documents and information before starting the self-help interview:
- A copy of the Divorce Complaint you are answering
- You and your spouse's full legal name
- Your mailing address
- Your contact phone numbers
- List of individual and joint assets including cash, banks and savings accounts, real property, retirement, etc.
- List of individual and joint debts including credit cards, personal loans community and separate debts, etc.
- List of your current income and regular expenses