Self-Help Form: Form Letter and TRO for Illegal Lockout

Information about using Self-Help Forms

Welcome! This online interview was developed by the Legal Aid Society of Hawaii for use by low-income persons representing themselves, but is available free of charge to all persons. These forms are not for commercial use and charging for use in any way is prohibited.

Use this interactive interview to fill out a Form letter asking your landlord to allow you back in your rental unit or stop him/her from locking you out illegally and Court Forms asking the court to order your landlord to let you back into the unit. Your responses in this interview will be populated in the blank spaces of the following brochure: Tenant Rights: How To Stop Your Landlord From Locking You Out Illegally. Review the brochure for information and instructions on next steps. 


What do I need to get started?

It is helpful to gather the following documents and information before starting the self-help interview:

  • Your full name

  • Your landlord's full name

  • Your home address 

  • Your mailing address (if different from home address) 

  • Your landlord's address 

  • Date you moved in 

  • Date your landlord or landlord's agent threatened or acted to remove you/lock you out from the dwelling

Last Review and Update: Feb 21, 2018
Back to top