Self-Help Form: Motion and Declaration for Pre-Decree Relief


Welcome! This online interview was developed by the Legal Aid Society of Hawaii for use by low-income persons representing themselves, but is available free of charge to all persons. These forms are not for commercial use and charging for use in any way is prohibited.

Use this interactive interview if you want to complete a Motion for Pre Decree Relief in Family Court requesting every type of available relief in a case where a Divorce Decree has not yet been made final.


What do I need to get started?

It is helpful to gather the following information before starting the self-help interview:

  • FC-D (Family Court Divorce Case) Number if known 
  • Your full legal name
  • Your former spouse's full legal name, date of birth, phone number, and last four digits of SSN
  •  Information about an order(s) (if any) that awards the temporary legal custody, physical custody, and visitation of the parties' children 
  • Information on other legal cases (if any) that you are currently involved in
Last Review and Update: Aug 13, 2018
Back to top