Self-Help Form: Paternity Modification Part 1 - Oahu (First Circuit)

Information about using Self-Help Forms


We are in the process of updating this guided interview. All the Paternity Forms can be accessed from the Hawaii State Judiciary website by clicking the link below.

Welcome! This online interview was developed by the Legal Aid Society of Hawaii for use by low-income persons representing themselves, however it is available free of charge to all persons. These forms are not for commercial use and charging for use in any way is prohibited.

Use this interactive interview if you would like to complete the first set of forms required to request relief (modification/enforcement of existing custody, visitation, and child support orders) after a paternity judgment has been entered and if you will file in Family Court of the First Circuit (Oahu). The interview will aid you in filling out these court forms: 1) Motion for Relief After Judgment or Order and Declaration, 2) Paternity Financial Information, and 3) Hearing Scheduling Order.


What do I need to get started?

It is helpful to gather the following information before starting the self-help interview:

  • Your full legal name 

  • Your address and phone number

  • Defendant's (opposing party) full legal name

  • FC-P (Family Court Paternity Case) Number 

  • What kind of custody/visitation/child support changes are you seeking and why?

  •  Your child(ren)'s full legal names and dates of birth 

  • Your child(ren)'s current address(es)

  • Names and current addresses of the people with whom your child(ren) has/have lived in the past 5 years 

  • Information about any previous court cases (if any) 

  • Your employment information: primary employer, pay frequency, gross monthly income

  • Financial information including expenses paid by you on behalf of your children 

  • Asset Information 

Last Review and Update: Sep 21, 2018
Back to top