Tenant Rights: How to get Money Damages if your Landlord Locks you out Illegally

Authored By: Legal Aid Society of Hawaii LSC Funded


This self-help packet will show you how to ask the court for damages if your landlord has illegally locked you out of your unit.

Use this packet if:

• you rent from a private landlord and/or receive Section 8 assistance; AND

• your landlord has locked you out without getting a court order to evict you first


Last Review and Update: Sep 21, 2018