Tenant Rights: How to Get Money Damages If Your Landlord Shuts Off Your Utilities Illegally


This self-help packet will show you how to ask the court for damages if your landlord has illegally shut off your utilities.  

Use this packet if you:

  1.  Rent from a private landlord and/or receive Section 8 assistance AND 

  2. Your landlord has shut off your utilities without getting a court order to evict you first.

If you are being evicted too, talk to a Legal Aid intake advocate by calling 808-536-4302 (Oahu) or 1-800-499-4302 (neighbor islands toll-free) before filling out this packet. 

Last Review and Update: Sep 21, 2018
Back to top