Tenant Rights: How To Stop Your Landlord From Locking You Out Illegally


This self-help packet will teach you how to file a Temporary Restraining Order (“TRO”) Against An Illegal Lockout. 

Use this packet if:

• you rent from a private landlord and/or receive Section 8 assistance; AND

• your landlord has threatened to lock you out or has already locked you out of your unit; AND

• your landlord does not have a court order keeping you out of the property.

If you are being evicted too, talk to a Legal Aid intake advocate  at 808-536-4302 (Oahu) or 1-800-499-4302 (neighbor islands toll-free) before filling out this packet.

Last Review and Update: Sep 21, 2018
Back to top