What to do with an Out-of-State TRO in Hawaii


This brochure will explain your options are if you have a temporary restraining order (TRO*) from another state. In this brochure, TROs refer to TROs from both Family Court and District Court.

*Each state may have a different name for their orders protecting abuse victims. TROs can also be referred to as Protective Orders (POs), Restraining Orders, Injunction Against Harassment, or other similar names.

Last Review and Update: Sep 21, 2018
Back to top