Banking Services

Legal Information

Other Consumer Problems

4 Resource(s) Found
Filter By:

Cashing Checks and Opening Bank Accounts

Cashing Checks and Opening Bank Accounts: How to Save Money and Avoid Theft

Filing a Consumer Complaint Against a State Chartered Bank, Savings Bank, Savings and Loan Association, Trust Company, or Credit Union.

If you cannot resolve an issue with a state-chartered financial institution, you can find information on this website on how to file a complaint with the South Carolina Office of the Commissioner of Banking.

How to File a Consumer Complaint about a Bank

If you have a complaint about a bank or other financial organization, the Federal Reserve System might be able to help you. The Federal Reserve carries out many of the federal laws that protect consumers in their interactions with financial institutions. The Federal Reserve can help consumers by: (1) answering questions about banking practices, and (2) investigating complaints about specific banks under their supervisory jurisdiction.

Back to top