Banking Services

Legal Information

Other Consumer Problems

7 Resource(s) Found
Filter By:

Cashing Checks and Opening Bank Accounts

Cashing Checks and Opening Bank Accounts: How to Save Money and Avoid Theft

What To Do When Someone Writes You a Bad Check

Lawline FAQ: If a person pays for goods or services with a check and that check is then dishonored by the bank on which it is written, you may be able to collect on the check by proceeding under the so-called South Carolina Bad Check law.

Federal Complaints About Banks

The Federal Reserve urges you to file a complaint if you think a bank has been unfair or misleading, discriminated against you in lending, or violated a federal consumer protection law or regulation. You can file a complaint online through the Federal Reserve's Consumer Complaint Form

How to File a Consumer Complaint about a Bank

If you have a complaint about a bank or other financial institution, the Federal Reserve System might be able to help you. The Federal Reserve is responsible for carrying out many of the federal laws that protect consumers in their dealings with financial institutions. We can help individual consumers by: (1) Answering questions about banking practices, and (2) Investigating complaints about specific banks under our supervisory jurisdiction.

Information Regarding Filing a Complaint

If you are unable to resolve your complaint with the institution directly, you may file a complaint with our office.

Where to File a Complaint

To avoid any delay investigating your complaint, please be sure to file with the correct agency as listed below. The Division will attempt to forward any incorrect filings to the appropriate agency. 1. South Carolina Department of Consumer Affairs. 2. Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. 3. South Carolina Office of the Commissioner of Consumer Finance

Back to top