Credit, Credit Reports

Legal Information

Other Consumer Problems

1 Resource(s) Found
Filter By:

Disputing Credit Card Errors - Presentation Slides

Federal law gives you the right to submit a dispute and request an investigation when you discover an error in your credit report. Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), both the credit reporting agency and the information provider have responsibilities for correcting inaccurate or incomplete information in your report. When you submit a dispute, the credit reporting agency must investigate the items in question – usually within 30 days – unless they consider your dispute frivolous. You don’t need a lawyer to take action. The self-help action items discussed in this video outlines how to clean up your credit and start the new year off right.

Back to top