Legal Information

Other Public Problems

7 Resource(s) Found
Filter By:

Benefits for Ukrainian Humanitarian Parolees

You may be eligible for federal “mainstream” (non-ORR funded) benefits, such as cash assistance through Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI), health insurance through Medicaid, and food assistance through Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). You may also be eligible for cash assistance, medical assistance, employment preparation, job placement, English language training, and other services offered through the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR). This document focuses on the benefits and services funded by ORR.

Immigrant Resource Guide

Guide to finding cash assistance, domestic violence information, drug and alcohol services, food assistance, health care, housing, legal assistance, limited English proficiency services, and more. PDF document (may load slowly).

Language Access Brochure

Rights of persons with limited English proficiency.

National Immigration law Center

The National Immigration Law Center (NILC) is one of the leading organizations in the U.S. exclusively dedicated to defending and advancing the rights of immigrants with low income

Public Charge Fact Sheet

Information for immigrants who receive public benefits and are trying to get a green card. PDF document (may load slowly).

Social Security Numbers For Noncitizens

This Fact Sheet contains information about how to get a social security number if you are not a U.S. citizen.

When Is It Safe for Immigrants to Use Public Benefits?

The U.S. government has important news about "public charge"—when receiving public benefits may affect your immigration status or your ability to travel outside of the U.S. The government's guidance, which took effect May 25, 1999, gives clear rules about when it is and is not safe to use public benefits.

Back to top