Federal Tax Relief Program

Legal Information

Other Tax Problems

IRS tax relief program requirements and how to apply

8 Resource(s) Found
Filter By:

Additional Information on Payment Plans

Can’t afford to pay your balance due? You can request a payment plan agreement. A payment plan is an agreement with the IRS to pay the taxes you owe within an extended timeframe. You should request a payment plan if you believe you will be able to pay your taxes in full within the extended time frame.

Currently Non-Collectible Status (CNC)

While your account is in CNC status, the IRS generally won't try to collect from you.

How to Request Innocent Spouse Relief

Frequently Asked Questions regarding innocent spouse relief and how to file for it.

Injured Spouse Relief

You're an injured spouse if your share of the refund on your joint tax return was (or is expected to be) applied against a separate past-due debt that belongs just to your spouse, with whom you filed the joint return.

Innocent Spouse Relief

By requesting innocent spouse relief, you can be relieved of responsibility for paying tax, interest, and penalties if your spouse (or former spouse) improperly reported items or omitted items on your joint tax return.

Installment Agreements

Installment agreements are one of your options if you can’t pay your taxes in full when they’re due.

Offer in Compromise

An offer in compromise allows you to settle your tax debt for less than the full amount you owe.

Offers in Compromise

If you can’t pay your tax debt in full, or if paying it all will create a financial hardship for you, an offer in compromise may be an option

Back to top