Individual Federal Income Tax

Legal Information

Other Tax Problems

Information about Free Filing Resources, Filing Deadline, Filing Requirements, Taxpayers Rights and Responsibilities, Federal Tax Credits, Taxable Income and the Tax Reform Act among other topics

16 Resource(s) Found
Filter By:

AARP Foundation Tax Aide Program

Free tax return preparation for senior citizens.

Child Tax Credit and Other Dependents Credits

This interview will help you determine if you are eligible for the Child Tax Credit or the Credit for Other Dependants.

Credits and Deductions for Individuals

You can claim credits and deductions when you file your tax return. Don’t Lose Your Refund by Not Filing, even if it’s after the filing deadline.

Earned Income Tax Credit

The Earned Income Tax Credit, EITC or EIC, is a credit that can be claimed by working people with low to moderate income. In order to qualify, you must file a tax return and meet certain requirements. If you qualify, the EITC reduces the amount of tax you owe or may increase your refund.

Education Credits – Tax Benefits for Education

Tax credits, deductions, and savings plans can help taxpayers with their expenses for higher education.

Extension of Time to File Your Tax Return

Need more time to prepare your federal tax return? You can request a filing extension.

Free File: Do Your Federal Taxes for Free

Prepare your Federal Income Tax Returns Free of charge.

Interactive Tax Assistant (ITA)

Are you required to file a tax return? Who can you claim as a dependent? What credits can you claim? These are some of the most common questions asked by Taxpayers. The IRS Interactive Tax Assistance can answer some of your questions.

Self-Employed Individuals Tax Center

As a self-employed individual, generally you are required to file an annual return and pay estimated tax quarterly.

Tax Information for Students

These pages of the IRS web site contain information about (1) deductions for interest on student loans, (2) kinds of common student income that are taxable, and (3) an introduction to tax laws for students.

Tax Reform Act

Information about changes to withholding, standard and itemized deductions, moving expenses and many other tax reform provisions that affect individuals and families.

Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)

Free tax return preparation for low-income taxpayers

What is Taxable and Nontaxable Income?

You can receive income in the form of money, property, or services. This section discusses many kinds of income that are taxable or nontaxable.

What You Need to Know About Social Security and Medicare Taxes when you are Self Employed

You’re self-employed if you operate a trade, business or profession, either by yourself or as a partner. You report your earnings for Social Security when you file your federal income tax return. If your net earnings are $400 or more in a year, you must report your earnings on Schedule SE, in addition to the other tax forms you must file.

Where’s my Refund?

Check your refund status. The IRS issues most refunds in less than 21 days, although some require additional time.

Back to top