Migrant Workers

39 Resource(s) Found

Centro De Los Derechos Del Migrante

Founded in 2005, Centro de los Derechos del Migrante, Inc. (CDM) is the first transnational migrant workers’ rights organization based in Mexico. Since its founding, CDM has been driven by its mission to improve the conditions of low-wage workers in the United States.

Contact Wage and Hour Division

Have a specific question? Want to file a complaint? Need to find a local office near you. Contact the Wage and Hour Division of the US Department of Labor.


Online reviews of farms and contracts written anonymously by farmworkers.

Discrimination Based on National Origin

National origin discrimination involves treating people (applicants or employees) unfavorably because they are from a particular country or part of the world, because of ethnicity or accent, or because they appear to be of a certain ethnic background (even if they are not).

Electronic Visa Application Forms

Welcome to the Electronic Visa Application Forms Instructions Page. Forms available on this page can be filled out on-line and assist in the processing of your application.

Facts about Farmworkers

This web page contains basic information about farmworkers' (1) Economic Contribution, (2) Legal Status, (3) Wages and Benefits, (4) Health and Social Services, (5) Legislative Protection and (6) Housing.

Fact Sheet: Prohibiting Retaliation Under MSPA

This fact sheet provides general information concerning MSPA's prohibition of discrimination against a migrant or seasonal agricultural worker who has filed a complaint or participated in any proceeding under or related to MSPA (Migrant and Seasonal Agricultural Worker Protection Act).

Farmworker Oral Health Fact Sheet

According to an analysis of migrant health center encounter data, dental disease ranks as one of the top five health problems for farmworkers ages 5 through 29, and remains among the top twenty health problems for farmworkers of all other ages presenting for care. For children ages 10 to 19, dental disease are the chief complaint.1 Over the last eighteen years, numerous local level studies of the oral health of farmworker children and adults have been conducted. The findings consistently show farmworkers of all ages to have a level of oral health far worse than what is found in the general population.

Foreign Labor Certification

Hiring foreign workers for employment in the U.S. normally requires approval from several government agencies. Certain visa categories first require employers to seek labor certification through the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL). Once the application is certified (approved), the employer must petition the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (BCIS) for a visa. Approval by DOL does not guarantee a visa issuance. The Department of State (DOS) will issue a visa number to the foreign worker for U.S. entry. Applicants must also establish that they are admissible to the U.S. under the provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). This site provides information to assist an employer in preparing a labor certification application in any one of the several employment-based visa programs.

Foreign Workers and Social Security Numbers

Are you temporarily in the United States to work? If you are, your employer will ask for your Social Security number. Social Security numbers are used to report your wages to the government. Social Security numbers can be assigned to foreign workers who are authorized to work in the United States.

Forms and Fees

This page provides you with access to immigration forms. Providing forms online is the most used feature of the USCIS Website.

H-2A Guestworker Program

The H-2A guestworker program allows agricultural employers to hire workers from other countries on temporary work permits for agricultural jobs that last ten months or less. This website explains the rights under a H-2A contract.

H-2B Guestworker Program

The H-2B temporary foreign worker program allows employers to hire workers from other countries on temporary work permits to fill nonagricultural jobs that last less than one year. This website explains the rights under a H-2B contract.

Back to top