Child Support and Alimony from Military Personnel and Department of Defense Employees

Authored By: Defense Finance and Accounting Service

Federal law authorizes the pay of active, reserve, and retired members of the military and the pay of civilian employees of the Federal government to be garnished (or attached) for the payment of child and/or spousal support. Go to this web page to find information about the process and location for getting a garnishment or wage attachment against any member of the military or any civilian employee of the Department of Defense (DOD).

Last Review and Update: Nov 02, 2020
Back to top