Answers to Common Child Support Questions

Authored By: South Carolina Center for Fathers and Families

Divorced or never-married fathers are often court ordered to pay child support. Some orders result from a private family court order or through the South Carolina Department of Social Services (DSS). Whether a private or DSS child support order, most orders are paid through the clerk of court so that payments are monitored and enforced. The child support and legal system can often be confusing and daunting leaving fathers with many questions that if unanswered can dramatically impact their lives. The following answers address frequently asked questions. PDF document (may load slowly).

Last Review and Update: Jan 03, 2014
Back to top