Free Self-Help Resources for South Carolina Courts
South Carolina Legal Services has developed self-represented litigant resources to provide access to South Carolina courts without the assistance of an attorney. From this website, you can access an interview that will help you complete the self-help forms listed below.
Self-Help Filing Instructions
- Child Support Modification (Plaintiff Increase Instructions)
- Child Support Modification (Plaintiff Decrease Instructions)
- Child Visitation (Plaintiff Instructions)
- Child Visitation (Defendant Instructions)
- Divorce (Plaintiff Instructions)
- Divorce (Defendant Instructions)
- Order of Protection (Petitioner Instructions)
- Child Support Modifi: Court-approved forms to seek a child support modification or answer a child support modification action filed against you. cation
- Child Visitation: Court-approved forms to seek visitation with your child or answer if a visitation action is filed against you.
- Divor: Court-approved forms to seek a divorce from your spouse or partner or answer a divorce action filed against you. ce
- ID Theft: Letters to notify a debt collector or credit bureau of the theft of your identity.
- Order of Protection: Court-approved forms to seek an order of protection against an abuser.
- Frequently Asked Questions: Common questions dealing with divorce in the state of South Carolina.
- Interview Questions: Common questions on how to use the interview on your computer.
- Legal Definitions: These definitions provide a clear meaning of terms commonly used in law.
- Legal Library: The library includes information about a variety of legal topics.